Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: Revaleskin Skin Firming Serum and Replenishing Eye Therapy

I've heard a lot of good things about the antioxidant coffeeberry, one of the active ingredients in Revaleskin's skincare line, so these products have been on my wish list for years. A few weeks ago, I finally got my hands on the Replenishing Eye Therapy and the Skin Firming Serum.


Replenishing Eye Therapy (0.51 oz.)
Revaleskin Replenishing Eye Therapy, 0.51 oz, $90

The eye cream is great, it helped lighten my dark circles overnight and it definitely helps get rid of under-eye bags from retaining too much water. The serum is the best I've ever tried- it brightened and evened out my complexion after only a few uses. Before using it for the first time, I exfoliated with my favorite scrub and then applied the eye cream, let it absorb for a few minutes and then applied the serum.
Skin Firming Serum (1 fl oz.)
Revaleskin Skin Firming Serum, 1 oz, $70

I love that the serum isn't full of silicones so it doesn't break me out. The serum absorbs easily and definitely improved the look and feel of my skin after only a week of use. My skin was glowing after using this! It works even better than my ex-favorite brightening serum, Lumene Energy Cocktail, and the Revaleskin serum isn't greasy and doesn't clog my pores! I only use it at night so it won't clog my pores and, by the time I wake up, my skin looks healthy and radiant! I believe that it will help firm my skin over time, too, because I've been doing the pinch test (where I pinch the skin around my lower cheeks and then release to see how fast it "bounces" back) and it's already looking a bit less "jiggly".

The eye cream is great but I do have a minor complaint. First, the packaging. It looks really cool because it's a twist-top airless pump but each pump squirts out wayyyy too much product, which leads to a lot of product waste. I've read that other people have had the same problem, so I know I didn't just get a defective one... it took me a few tries to figure out how to make sure only a little bit comes out each time. Once I twist out the top of the pump, I hold the bottle like a joystick and press down on the top lightly (and slowly!) with my thumb. So far, that's worked pretty well for me, but I definitely already wasted a lot of product before I figured that out.

I still love this eye cream because it actually works- so the packaging problem isn't enough to make me stop using it. I will still continue to buy it for as long as it keeps working =)

I've read some complaints from online reviewers who don't like the coffee smell of Revaleskin products. I actually like the mocha aroma and it's not as strong as people would lead you to believe- the smell is gone a few minutes after you apply them. Don't let that stop you from trying these amazing products! I highly recommend these to anyone who wants to brighten/even out their complexion, get rid of dark circles and under-eye bags, and protect their skin with antioxidants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...