Thursday, December 15, 2011

Winter Beauty Secrets

Now that I'm back in New York, I have to use different skincare products because of the harsh, dry, cold air. I tried using the L'Oreal RevitaLift cleanser that worked really well for me in L.A. but it dried out my skin too much here. =(  So, now, I'm using Olay Daily Facials Hydrating Cleansing Cloths to keep my skin soft and hydrated.


To get rid of the dead skin cells that make my skin look rough and splotchy, I give myself an exfoliating treatment with Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System. I apply the thick, gooey scrub with an electric toothbrush and run it over my face in small circles (a trick I learned from a Michelle Phan video a long time ago). I don't usually use the Activator afterwards, because my skin is sensitive to Lactic Acid... but if your skin does well on AHAs then I would definitely recommend trying it. The mini crystals in this kit are the BEST- nothing makes my skin smoother or more radiant!


Microdermabrasion & Peel System
Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel Kit
After scrubbing my skin, always use a pampering face mask so that my skin won't get irritated. I use Kinerase Pro + Therapy Ultra Hydrating Repair Mask, which plumps my skin with moisture and makes it as soft as a baby's butt. It's a little pricey but it's the most luxuriously rich moisturizing mask and there's nothing else like it! The morning after I use it, my skin looks so healthy and glows. It's well worth the money and you only need a tiny bit each time. It also comes in a hygenic airless pump jar.

Kinerase Pro + Therapy Ultra Hydrating Repair Mask

My lips also need extra moisture because they're always extremely dry, especially in the winter, so I've been using a thick lanolin ointment (ok, it's a nipple balm for breastfeeding mothers) and it works WONDERS! I use Lansinoh Lanolin ointment, which I found on Amazon for $7. You can buy Lansinoh at Walmart, too, for under $10. It seems pricey for a lip balm but each tube contains 1.41 oz (which is a TON of product) and you won't find a better healing ointment for dry, cracked lips. The consistency is very thick at first but it melts right into your lips and stays put, even while eating or drinking. You can even dab it on minor cuts to help heal and protect them.


Lansinoh 100% Natural HPA Lanolin Ointment


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...