Monday, December 5, 2011

Borghese x Kirkland Signature 2011 Brush Set and Stila Ulimate Color Palette

I've been back in NY since Thursday, so I've been pretty busy helping my mom put up the Christmas tree and doing the family thing. One thing my sisters and I always do when we come home is hit up Costco.

I haven't been there in forever so I never saw the 2011 Borghese Kirkland Signature Brush Set. I still use some of the brushes from my 2009 set (the angled brow brush, eye shadow brush, angled foundation brush, and the crease brush) but the brushes in the 2011 set are totally different.

(Sorry for the crappy pic but I haven't unpacked my good camera yet.)

This brush set includes 10 brushes and a black faux-croc case:

1. Big powder brush
2. Flat cheek brush
3. Stipling/skunk brush
4. Angled kabuki brush
5. Flat tip eyeliner brush
6. Highlighting brush
7. All purpose eye shadow brush
8. Tapered blending/crease brush
9. Tapered foundation/concealer brush
10. Angled contour/eyeshadow brush

I'm so in love with this brush set! I love that the foundation/concealer brush is designed to mimic your fingers. It's perfect for blending my Hard Candy Glamoflauge under my eyes. I also love the highlighting brush for contouring the sides of my nose. The skunk brush is great for blending bronzer at my hair line and jaw line. All of the brushes are really soft and the handles are thick and easy to hold. IMO, this set is excellent for the price.

I also picked up a Stila Ultimate Color Palette for $19.99, which includes 39 eye shadows, 15 lip colors, 4 cheek colors or blushes, 4 double ended applicators, and 4 lip brushes. I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep it for myself or give it to a friend for Christmas, but if I do keep it I'll definitely do swatches of all the pretty colors. There are so many options for different looks with this palette because of the range of colors. Also, the eyeshadows and blushes come in both shimmery and matte colors so there's a lot to play with in this kit.


Stila Ultimate Color Palette, $20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...