Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes

If there's one beauty ritual I hate, it's cleaning my makeup brushes. Shampooing 20 brushes is a pain in the butt- but waiting for them to dry is even more excruciating. Unfortunately, I have to clean them at least once a week or grime and bacteria will build up on them and break me out. I used to use MAC's makeup brush cleaner ($14, maccosmetics.com) but it can get pretty pricey in the long run since it's not concentrated.





Finesse Clean + Simple Shampoo for Dry/Color Treated Hair




This week, I decided to try Finesse Clean + Simple Hypoallergenic Shampoo for Dry/Color Treated Hair ($4 for a 10 oz. bottle, Amazon.com). This is a great product to use for your makeup brushes because it cleans them quickly and removes all traces of makeup but doesn't leave any residue or contain any sulfates or other skin-irritating ingredients. It also won't dry out your brushes because it's meant for dry hair and contains light moisturizing ingredients.




As for the drying time, I'm putting Sigma Beauty's Dry'n Shape System on my birthday/Christmas wish list. It's an invention that squeezes the excess water out of your brushes and then hangs them upside down so they dry much faster. Brilliant!!!

Sigma Dry'N Shape System, $29


How do you clean your makeup brushes? and how often?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...