Monday, August 15, 2011

The Mary Poppins of Styling Products: Tough Love for Bratty Hair

My hair is like a bratty little kid, living on my head. It refuses to do what I want it to, it stays up when I want it to lie down and lies down when I want it to stay up, and I have to beat it into submission on a regular basis. (Ok, so I wouldn't beat a kid but you know what I mean.)

On top of that, my scalp is super sensitive to all kinds of ingredients-  so if my hair was a bratty kid, it would be one of those kids that constantly needs an inhaler and an Epi-Pen and has to live in a bubble to protect itself from the outside world. You can imagine the trouble I have finding hair products that work for me.
Luckily, I stopped by Naimie's Beauty Center last weekend and spoke to a really friendly sales girl who knew exactly what my hair needed: Osmo Essence Aqua Wax Hard.

Osmo Essence Aqua Wax Hard, $20

I am absolutely in love with this styling product! It's a transparent cobalt-blue wax (think blue Jello) that's firm enough to keep flyways and frizz at bay but soft enough that it doesn't make my hair stiff at all. It imparts glassy shine, touchable hold, and a very light unisex scent. (I literally have to hide it so my boyfriend won't steal it.) It's also water-soluble so you can mix a bit of water and product in your palm to thin it out.
I use it straight out of the jar, on dry hair, for maximum hold. Just grab a dime-sized amount, rub it between your palms, and apply to the middle to ends of your hair. Then, lightly pat down any baby hairs at the roots.
I highly, HIGHLY recommend this finishing product to anyone whose hair needs some tough love! This stuff is firm enough to keep my bratty hair in line-  but in a gentle, non-irritating way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...