Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My first Sleek Blush lives up to the hype!

 
Sleek Blush in "Suede"

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard the buzz about Sleek Makeup's blushes, which hopped over the pond from the UK. Their blushes look very similar to NARS blushes and are supposed to have high-end quality pigmentation at drugstore prices.





Suede is one of the newer Sleek blushes, from their Nude Collection. The color is a nice warm, tawny mocha with peachy undertones and I can already tell that it's going to become my staple blush this season. I love that it's matte (I hate shimmery blushes because they always end up looking muddy on my oily skin). Next to my MAC Peaches blush, Suede is a shade or two darker and a bit more brown. I love MAC Peaches in the spring/summer but Suede is a better peach-toned blush for fall/winter, in my opinion, because it's darker and less bright.

The pigmentation is great on me. I've read other reviews online saying that they were disappointed because they found Suede to be too sheer. That wasn't the case for me- it went on just like a MAC blush. I only had to swirl the product lightly onto my brush and I got good color payoff.

Overall, this is a great addition to my collection. I got it in a swap but I've seen it listed for under $10 on Ebay. Sleek blushes seem to be pretty hard to find in the US, so if you can find them, definitely grab as many as you can! The quality is great for the price. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on a few more colors soon and review them for you :)

Have you tried any of Sleek's makeup? Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...